Second Annual Northington Scholarship
The 2nd Annual Northington Scholarship will be awarded to one senior minority student from Scott County High School in the amount of $1,000. This student will have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA, and demonstrate exemplary leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities. This is a one-time award and there are no minimum SAT or ACT scores or proof of financial need required.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
1) Applicant must belong to one of the following minority groups: Black/African American, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or Pacific Islander.
2) Current high school senior attending Scott County High School (applicant must be anticipating completion of high school degree in the spring of 2017).
3) Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4) Must provide proof of enrollment to an accredited college or university as a full-time student by May, 2017.
5) Submit complete application package by deadline. A complete application packet will consist of a résumé (one page), three letters of recommendation, transcript, and a personal statement (maximum two pages, double spaced 12 pt. font and one inch margins) submitted through brandonnorthington.com.
Deadline 11:59pm January 16, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered.
Skype interviews will be conducted in March 2017.
The scholarship will be awarded at Senior Awards night.